Friday, August 10, 2007

Wi-Fi

Wi-Fi at the Sioux City Airport allows me to elaborate a bit on the scene.

The room I'm sitting in is about the size of two Olive Garden Restaurants, without the tables and Tours of Italy. It serves as both the ticketing area, the bag check area, and the waiting area. Most people sit idly, staring at a central TV showing Dr. Phil. He's discussing proper parenting . . . or lasting relationships. I'm not quite sure which. It's so dang hard to follow that drawl.

I've started to read Harry Potter and have made it as far as page two before deciding to write this. I suppose I can ride around on a magic broomstick anytime . . . but finding wi-fi, that's a rare treat.

A family of three just switched seats because their back was to the television. Dr. Phil draws another innocent victim into his clutches. Godspeed, family of three.

Wheels up is scheduled for about 45 minutes. No news about delays. I wouldn't mind if it stayed that way.

No comments: