Saturday, May 3, 2008

Loopless

Not wanting to miss the bus, I grabbed my belt on the way out the door assuming I could put it on later. As I stood at the bus stop, I began to put on the belt. Of course, those of you who do this sort of thing everyday know that tuxedo pants have no belt loops. It was news to me. I quickly realized that if I didn't act fast, I would have to carry my belt around with me the whole night. Depending on your perspective, I would either be in a constant state of dress or undress. The former would be uncouth, the latter, perhaps criminal. So I ran behind one of the townhouses near the bus stop and hid the belt behind a bush. Hopefully this post amuses you, but, more importantly, hopefully it serves as a reminder for me to get the belt when I get home tonight.

No comments: