Wednesday, May 30, 2007

DAY 3 - CHICAGO

DAY 3 oh glee I need a cup of hot tea.

Chicago - the home the blues - or at least I think it is - theres a Blue Jazz club right down the street from the hotel and outside our window is a nice wall of art saying Chicago Blues. WE did a ton of walking today - killing my feet. The walk around Cleveland on flip flips ripped up the top of my feet near the top - making me switch flip flops to the Old Navy ones.

But mid day walking around Chicago, I couldn't take it anymore - I needed to do something. A sanitation man saw me in distress and showed me the way to Payless. Later we decided he was God showing me the light, helping me out. I bought slippers, thinking they would make the day heavenly, yet the devil played with my feet, the slippers ripping the back and sides of my feet after miles of walking around the city, going to the skydeck in the tallest structure in America, the Sears Tower. Gorgeous views of Chicago were seen and then we headed to the Navy Pier, a large well known fun pier in Chicago - but I couldn't walk anymore, I was literally bleeding, I needed to take off my shoes and walk barefoot for a while, finally realizing I needed to buy socks, no matter the price, no matter the style. So here I am walking around in thick long socks bought from Wall greens in SLIPPERS around the city and down the Navy Pier.

We decide dinner should be of something native to Chicago, and went with the deep dish pizza, which was deep, delicious and filled my deep stomach. Time for a ball game. We took the subway to Wrigley Field, meeting some locals on the way - the stadium was packed - the Cubs stunk. Oh well. People cut us getting subway tickets - I am officially not a fan of Chicagoians - the 24 hour modern large McDonald's sold me a cold cool Shrek mint sludge shake. Now I type to you my thousands of fans. I am flying home tomorrow. Sussex I know you missed me. Ill be home soon. Ill be home baby, here I come.

No comments: