Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Home State Advantage

I returned abruptly to NJ today. I did not blog the trip home (as I had on the way out) because of my experiences in Nevada. I spent many an hour on the "The Loneliest Road in America." The name is not misleading. I had to use every waking fiber of my being to keep my attention on the road. The monotony of the scenery and the lack of any other vehicles did a number on me. After that, I resolved that any future driving would only include 100% concentration, audio books, and Dr. Pepper. For safety reasons, blogging took a back seat. And soon, after realizing I couldn't blog from the back seat while also driving, I desisted all together.


My return home was met with quite a few surprises. My room was as I had left it, but there were new additions to the family. One is featured prominently below. The other two are a flat-panel TV and a pellet stove. Which once again proves my theory . . . parents will replace their kids with merchandise or canines at the first chance they get.

This reminds me of my junior year of high school, when I took an overnight school field trip to Minnesota. I returned home to find a new washer/dryer upstairs and my desk lamp replaced with an arctic fox. The next day, they were gone, like my parents thought I just wouldn't notice. But I did.



Glad to be back.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey C Raye...hope being home is good for you...i'm still here in sux...its boring here without you guys...keep up the blog.