Monday, June 4, 2007

It's a World of Laughter, a World of Tears

A conversation overheard by me today (probably because I was involved in the conversation)

Curtis: I'm from a small town in New Jersey called Wantage, in a county called Sussex.
Colleague: New Jersey's 5th district?
Curtis: . . . (stunned silence)
Colleague: I worked on a fundraiser for a guy named Aronsohn who ran for Congress there.

I'd heard politics is a small world and that at some point I'd have have stories like this. But I've only been here 4 days and already I meet a co-worker who's been through Sussex. Part of me is bothered by the fact that politics is so predictable (meaning, those who I talked to told me this would happen). But another part of me thinks this is pretty cool.

1 comment:

Mark Smith said...

You want a small world?

My family has roots in Iowa.

I grew up in Tenafly, NJ. Aronson was the mayor of Englewood next door at the time. His nephew was in my high school history class and he came to speak to the class.

I know you through Matt The Hoff.

Enjoy the midwest - I'd move back there in a heartbeat if I could.