Sunday, June 3, 2007

On the Road Again

Don't tell, Brueggers Bagels, but I am writing this from my real favorite place. It's the very first place I ate on Thursday, and the last place I will eat for a while. The Blue Strawberry, Cedar Rapids, IA. The staff here has been nicer than can be expected, and they have a variety of muffins, sandwiches, and beverages. If you're ever in town (ya know, driving through Iowa on a whim), I recommend this location.

Good news, Nuvi is going to get another chance to show her skills. I have to be in Des Moines in a few hours, and all I have is an address for Hillary Clinton Headquarters. More good news, I may have a place to sleep tonight. Rumour has it that, yes, we have supporter housing. I just don't know who that is yet. I'm fine with that. I mean, I'm assuming that whoever it is will have TiVO, broadband Internet, premium cable, Slingbox, a plasma TV, and running water, . . .right?

In the past 48 hours, I've slept on the floor, had a one-sentence exchange with Hillary Clinton, yelled till I was hoarse, and become a regular at the Blue Strawberry . . .

I guess it's all downhill from here.

No comments: